Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trapped


So much negativity, so many bad things,
Each of them like a dark knife,
Twisting deeper into my skin,
Wringing out blood soaked tears,
From eyes that used to see magic.

Once we could have had the world,
Now you're just dying with me,
No one else can hear our mournful cries,
And no one else can feel our pain,
It's a burden too great for anyone to stand.

But somehow we do…
Some way, we still go on…
With our wounds,
That will never mend…

Can't believe that I've done this,
Even my own hands betray me,
My whole life is like an ocean,
And every day, I'm always drowning,
But you were the only one that saved me…

I feel like I'm being backed into a corner,
Like a caged animal, trapped,
There's nowhere else left to go,
Now that can be a dangerous thing,
Cornering a wild animal.

And somehow…

I just can't wait to sink my teeth into you.

No comments: