Thursday, November 18, 2010

An endless chattering of voices assaults my ears
Comments and inquiries washing over me in a wave of chaos
I turn away and search through my surroundings
Eyes sliding over familiar faces of students
Slowly my vision glazes over as my mind dozes
A moment of rest, day dreamy thoughts start to fill my sight

When suddenly my eyes snap back into focus
Narrowing in the face of a boy, one that i have seen before
In passing, the hallway, the yearbook....but never have i seen so clearly
That smile

Trying not to stare, my gaze keeps flickering back
Carefully attempting not to attract notice
But too enraptured to give up looking at him

Oops, he almost saw...or did he? I turned quickly to avoid it
but i'm not quite sure....and i'm not even positive i care.
A smile creeps slowly ontomy own face,
dimples appearing in my cheeks as i glance back again
His smile is contagious, impossible to ignore
I have never met him, but i want to know him.
A teenage crush
I’m almost afraid
Of buffer flies
With knives
They are slashing up my insides
First time it ever happened
One look and I was completely hooked
Nothing I could say
Nothing I could do
Couldn’t explain it
There is just something about you
Not the type of guy I would usually go for
I am scared to talk around you
Encase I make an fool of myself
But the silences they kill me......
My palms are all sweaty
And all I want is for you to glance my way

No comments: